Coupons in Stripe provide discounts on recurring charges. They can:
- Apply to every invoice, just one invoice, or for a certain length of time
- Reduce invoices by a percentage or a flat amount
- You can even define a coupon that must be redeemed by a certain date or is limited to a set number of redemptions (across all of your customers).
In VSee Clinic, we apply a Stripe coupon code as one-time per visit discounts called "Promo code",
1. Log-in to your account at https://dashboard.stripe.com/login
2. On the left portion of your dashboard, select Billing > Coupons > Click .
3. Fill out the required fields with details regarding your coupon.
- Name: Input a name to identify your Coupon e.g. 15discount. This will appear on customer's receipts and invoices.
- ID: Optional but you can choose an alphanumeric code to uniquely identify your coupon. ID can be the same as Name.
- Type: Choose if percent or flat amount. Then input the % or amount.
- Duration: Choose from the dropdown list. If you choose the multi-months option, an additional box will appear and ask you to supply the number of months.
- Redemption Limits: Choose if you want to limit the redemption by date range or by number of redemptions.
4. Finally, click .
Your newly created coupon will be available for use immediately. Send the coupon ID to your clients/patients privately so they can use it as promo code when they visit your clinic.