If you are stuck in the connecting mode of the VSee for Windows client, you may not be able to create a log file with control+L like usual.
Unfortunately, we currently have no support to generate logs on the fly with the windows client this way, and you'll have to take some more advances steps as outlined below.
1. Create a windows shortcut to the VSee.exe (or copy the one on your desktop).
2. Right click the VSee shortcut, and select 'properties'.
3. Add "-debug_file vseelog.txt" (without the quotes) to the end of the Target field:
4. Press OK and make sure VSee is not running, then start the VSee application with the new shortcut.
5. After 20-30 seconds of attempting connection, close the VSee application again.
6. Find the log file by pressing Windows-Key + R, then enter %appdata% in the field:
7. Go to the VSee folder and find the vseelog.txt file that is there. Please attach this file to the support ticket!