Log files allow our developers to better investigate and troubleshoot your issue.
How to get a log file:
1. Launch VSee Messenger and take the required steps to reproduce the problem that you are having.
2. As soon as you see the problem occur, select your local video window, and press Ctrl+L (Windows), Cmd+L (Mac).
3. A "vseeLog.txt" file should appear on your desktop or folder.
If you have problems connecting to VSee on Windows, you'll have to follow the steps below to get the log file.
Advanced Logging on Windows:
If you are stuck in the connecting mode, you may not be able to create a log file doing Ctrl+L like usual. Unfortunately, we currently have no support to generate logs on the fly so you'll have to take some more advances steps as outlined below.
1. Create a windows shortcut to the VSee.exe (or copy the one on your desktop).
2. Right click the VSee shortcut, and select 'properties'.
3. Add "-debug_file vseelog.txt" (without the quotes) to the end of the Target field:
4. Press OK and make sure VSee is not running, then start the VSee application with the new shortcut.
5. After 20-30 seconds of attempting connection, close the VSee application again.
6. Find the log file by pressing Windows-Key + R, then enter %appdata% in the field:
7. Go to the VSee folder and find the vseelog.txt file that is there.