Camera and Microphone are not recognized
You may want to revisit permissions. Usually, after installing VSee Messenger and you want to call for the first time, it will automatically ask you for permission.
- You will need Android 6.0 Marshmallow or a newer version on your device.
- Go to Settings > Apps > Device sub-heading >VSee Messenger > App Permissions > Toggle the Camera and Microphone slider to turn it on
- Go to Settings > VSee > Toggle the Camera and Microphone slider to turn it on
- If you don't see the Microphone and Camera permission there, open the VSee app > More > My Video.
Audio Not Working on iPhone / iPad
- Make sure you have set permissions. See steps above.
- While on the Home screen, adjust the volume buttons. If you see the icon indicating that headphones are attached, there may be debris or an object lodged in the headset jack.
Check the headset jack. If there is an object lodged in the headset jack that is not easily removed, have the iPhone serviced to remove object.
For Original iPhone: If there is light debris, such as lint, in the headset jack, try connecting a pair of headphones to the headset jack and then remove the headphones. Repeat this several times to remove the debris.
If you have paired with a Bluetooth headset that is nearby, either use the headset or turn Bluetooth off.
Restart the the device.
Please see list of common audio problems here.